Friday, May 17, 2013

Confessions

Confessions
by  morethanmyself


 
They've been best friends almost their whole lives. Bella has been his 
fierce protector; Edward has been her safe haven. Can their friendship
 survive his changing feelings and her screwed up past? What happens 
when she forces him to walk away?
 "Bella, all you have to do is ask me to stay and I will." Please,
 please ask me to stay. 
"You have to go, Edward. Your life is waiting, everything is waiting for
 you. She is waiting for you." 
I could see the tears she was holding back, her slightly too pink cheeks betraying 
her emotions, and her breath stuttered minutely on the exhale. Our almost 17 years of friendship allowed me to see the chinks in her carefully
constructed armor. To anyone else, she was as calm and collected as always, the mask firmly in place. 
"I love you, Bella. I'll always love you." 
"I know," she said sadly, as she kissed my cheek, gave me one last tight hug and walked away. 

When I first read the story Confessions by morethanmyself, the first thing that stuck 
out to me was how every word mattered. Even the title of her chapters hold meaning as they help tell the story that revolves around what happens each time Edward tells Bella that he loves her.

No comments:

Post a Comment